Friday, March 13, 2009

Making it happen....

"If you don't have discipline, you don' deserve to dream"

I have just read Mr. Butch Jimenez's commencement address to the graduating class of UP entitled "Descending to the Top". It was very inspiring.

Mr. Jimenez talked about
  • How to reach the top (Be the first in the mind and burn an attitude in the mind)
  • Discipline
  • Execution (There is no try. There is either do or not do.)
  • Descending to the Top (As you rise to the top, the more you have to be a servant.)
  • A heart for our country - Philippines (Show 'em we're great & give back to the country.)
  • Walk with GOD (There is no destination beyond the reach of those who walk w/ HIM.)
I have realized that for me to be able to reach the top, I have to serve and be humble, always giving more than I am expected of - working more than I am paid for.

Also, I need to be serious with implementing discipline on myself like:
  • delaying gratification
  • setting aside my savings before spending
  • getting the job done ON TIME
  • keeping a tidy place

No comments: