Wednesday, November 17, 2010

5th and Last USEP Monthsary.

The Fifth and the Last...

Life is really full of surprises. Of twists and turns. I never thought my stay with USEP would be brief. I once wrote on my journal that my vision is : to be one of the best IT educators/practitioners in Davao City... I wrote that with a promise in my heart that I will be with a university in Davao that will help me fulfill my vision.
USEP has not failed to teach me the things I needed to learn. It was not a smooth ride right from the start. I had to adjust to the new environment, the culture, and the people around...

Though it was really a brief stay, I will still miss the people who made my life easier - my officemates and students. Some of the students may hate me for failing them, for not being able to give my hundred percent, or for notbeing able to meet their expectations.

I admit I was not at my best this semester. I was stressed and tired almost everyday that I had to literally drag my feet to my classes. Every time I see or notice disappointment in the eyes of my students, I always felt incompetent and unworthy to be standing in front of them. I felt that if my previous students could only see how I performed here, they wouldn't be so proud of me anymore...Haha. I tried my best to regain my strength and show some enthusiasm but I failed many times. If I have one regret in my stay with USEP, it is that I wasn't able to really give the best of me coz I allowed stress and pressure to get in the way.

No comments: