Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I was CONNED again...

Oh no! I think I was conned again...

Why is it that I always allow myself to be fooled by someone? Just recently, a batchmate from way back grade school texted me that she needed help. She said she has something in her ovary (I forgot the term-was it polycistic ovarian tumor?). And she's currently in the hospital, and she needs help. She said that she'll be undergoing an operation, and that her money was not enough so she needs all the help she could get.

So, to make the long story short, I sent her money through ML (she's in CDO), even though I was not so sure if her story was true. A voice inside me kept telling me to help her in any way I could. Well, she also promised to return the money as soon as her loan will be released. But anyway, I really thought that she wouldn't return the money anymore. So I just considered it as a "donation".

But, what irritates me is that she no longer replies to my texts, when Im asking how she is, how the operation went, stuff like that. And to my great surprise, when I dialled her number, it won't ring anymore! The recording says that it is unattended and may no longer be in use. WTF?! grr...

This is soooo bad. Just when you thought you helped somebody, that somebody turns out to be a conner! Well, as I always say, at least I learned something. Tsk. Tsk...

No comments: