Saturday, October 4, 2008

Making a Living OR Living a Life

Recently, I've read Sacha Chua's blog on GenY and How They Work.
It really helped me realize a lot of things. It came when I needed it most.

I just talked to my other "boss" a while ago. I told him (meekly) that I won't be working for them anymore (next semester). It was my third and final attempt to talk to him. Finally, I got the courage to tell him about my plans. I no longer want to work on Saturdays, well.. at least for next semester. I want to spend it with friends and family, and most of all, I want to spend it creating more value for myself through:
a. engaging in real projects (I can start small)
b. reading the books I've been wanting to read for a long time
c. research on things that really interest me.

I felt good when my "boss" didn't react the way my "other bosses" in the other fence reacted. He even encouraged me to look for better opportunities and to do it while I am still young (while companies would be much willing to accept me).

He told me that I could still think about it until the 25th of October. I was thankful because I am still actually having second thoughts. Im scared to be financially unstable. I have brothers to send to school. And the Nursing course in Davao Doc is expensive. Im afraid I might not have enough money to support my family...

But I guess I have given more than enough of my share already. I am no longer happy with what I am doing. It's no longer worth the effort. I will still try my best to be financially stable without having to kill myself slowly by working unhappily for ten straight hours. I just had to enjoy my Saturdays again...

Sometimes, it's just hard to decide between "Making A Living" or "Living A Life".

3 comments:

Angel Locsin said...

Hi my :)

well, nice decision...
you're right about it...
masasabi ko lang ay " we should balance our life through enjoying our own life "
hehehehehehe....:)

Anonymous said...

My :o)

As the saying goes...
--- Work hard but party harder

cheers to the free saturdays!


nej

maricel said...